About YSG Solar Development Company
YSG Solar Development Company is a project development special purpose company. The firm is responsible for commoditizing energy infrastructure projects. YSG works with long-term owners and operators to provide clean energy assets with stable, predictable cash flows. YSG’s core principles are transparency, collaboration, and innovation. The firm’s belief in accountability and true honesty has been our competitive advantage since 2010.
YSG’s vision is to rebuild the energy infrastructure of the future, building a sophisticated smart network of decentralized and centralized solar generation and energy storage facilities. Building an energy market with proper signals and communication that decreases redundancies and increases efficiency.
The GIS Specialist will work with YSG’s Policy Analyst, Market Research team, and Real Estate Acquisition team. The individual will be responsible for identifying sites that are suitable for solar + energy storage development. The individual in this role will be responsible for creating GIS maps and performing GIS analysis on prospective sites. They will also be tasked with updating land databases and assisting in preparing lease agreements. The ideal candidate will be interested in starting a career in the renewable energy field.
- List building: Prepare land siting opportunity lists, exceed weekly quota of sites sited
- Prepare profiles for land siting opportunities in collaboration with policy team
- Provide ongoing support to real estate acquisition team and project development team
- Source, store, structure and create data layers
- Conduct preliminary market analysis using GIS to aid with decision-making
- Create constraints maps of prospective sites
- Provide maps and reports to aid in visualization
- Assist with the drafting of land leases
- Collect key property information by conducting searches using online maps, web mapping tools, online property records, etc.
- Help conduct an initial assessment of the inbound leads to identify the most suitable sites
- Source infrastructure data from Utility, FERC reports and other sources
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, planning, or a related field
- Experience with Electrical Substations, Transmission & Distribution networks is a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience using GIS Software (ArcGIS, QGIS) and Google Maps, Google Earth
- Knowledge of Python, C++, SQL (not required, preferred)
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Must meet weekly minimum quota of sites identified
- Land sited and acquired shall be a minimum of 85% within YSG’s data quality control report
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com