YSG Solar is an elite group of energy professionals. We are a New York-founded organization operating for the last eight years. YSG is a dynamic organization implementing strategies to reduce electrical costs, develop resilient storage systems and provide transparency for retail energy rate payers. Under Governor Cuomo's "Reforming the Energy Vision" (REV), NYS is spurring clean energy and YSG is currently at the cutting edge of the changing retail energy market.
YSG Solar is a thriving company with a local start-up vibe. Our offices are located in NYC with a hand in project development in all major markets throughout the greater NY region. YSG's fast-paced environment, and direct communication among our entire team, provides us the operational efficiency needed when navigating through an evolving energy market.
YSG Solar's products include rooftop solar, battery storage, and community-shared solar subscriptions. Our focus is maintaining a long-term relationship with all of our customers, and providing them with the most optimal technology while yielding the highest return on their investment.
YSG's mission is to stimulate competition in the retail energy markets. We work with residential, small-business, institutional and municipal customers to design, finance, install and maintain solar electric, battery storage and community shared solar systems.
- Travel to sites in response to service problems or planned O&M service.
- Troubleshoot structural and electrical problems on solar electric systems.
- Perform field repair service on PV Inverters, both central and strings.
- Perform solar electric system startup and commissioning service.
- Participate in inspections of solar electric systems by local permitting authorities.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Accurately track and report hours, material, and related costs associated with field work.
- Coordinate with vendors in support of on-site troubleshooting efforts.
- Abide by all safety standards defined by the organization.
- High school diploma
- 2 years Solar Service/Solar Installations experience
- Valid driver’s license
- OSHA 30
- Significant electrical experience and licensing is preferred; Alternatively, experience servicing alarms and/or communication systems
- Demonstrate general understanding of MS Office Suite software and its capabilities.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret plan sets as they pertain to PV solar installations.
- Demonstrate ability to manage tasks, commitments, and deadlines as it pertains to assigned tasks, communications with customers, and internal customers.
- NABCEP Certification a plus
- Be able to work in the sun for extended periods of time.
- Be able to climb ladders to and work at elevated heights
- Moderate physical effort, lifting/moving up to 55 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com